[rt-users] CommandByMail installation problems

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Mon Jun 19 12:18:46 EDT 2006

I've not installed an RT extension before so I may well be missing
something obvious. Trying to install CommandByMail, first problem:

Can't locate inc/Module/Install.pm in @INC...

- which I fixed by a CPAN install Module::Install

Next problem:

Cannot autoload main - main::AUTOLOAD...

- which I fixed by a CPAN install Module::Install::RTx

Now I get:

$ perl Makefile.PL
include /home/kae/inc/Module/Install.pm
include inc/Module/Install/RTx.pm
include inc/Module/Install/Base.pm
include inc/Module/Install/Metadata.pm
Could not open 'lib/RT/Extension/CommandByMail.pm': No such file or
directory at /usr/share/perl/5.8/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 3062.

Of course I have CommandByMail.pm, but I'm not sure where to put it
(I've tried creating /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Extension and
putting it there, but to no avail).

I'd be grateful for a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks