[rt-users] Solution: RT level email blocking

Steven E. Ames sames at officescape.com
Tue Jun 20 10:34:12 EDT 2006

That's basically what I have except:

1. I don't use fetchmail
2. My procmail configuration runs everything through spamassassin:

---------------------------------------.procmailrc----------------------------------------
# eliminate duplicates (from CC, BCC, etc...)
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 65536 msgid.cache

# check for spam
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /usr/local/bin/spamc

# spam of at least 9 we don't bother with... just junk it (cron runs 'sa-learn --mbox --spam /tmp/spam')
:0:
        /tmp/spam

# questionable spam... check manually (<9 but higher than default threshold)
:0:

:0wbh
| /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue provisioning --action comment --url http://my.rt3.instance.com/

That's that. I occasionally go through /usr/local/mailcopy/almost-certainly-spam and save off every message in that box to either '/tmp/spam' (where it gets parsed by sa-learn later) or I bounce it to another alias that invokes rt-mailgate directly.

-Steve