[rt-users] how's 3.6.0 working for you?

Mathew Snyder msnyder at servervault.com
Wed Jun 21 21:09:33 EDT 2006

3.6.0 has worked fine for me from pre1 to stable.

I wrote a script which does every step of a data migration from 3.0.9 to
3.6.0 locally on my workstation.  It installs the old version, migrates
the old data from a Postgres database to a MySQL database using a
slightly modified version of the script created by Jesse and found on
the wiki, upgrades the old RT version to 3.6.0 (including the database
schema) and then creates a dumpfile of the database to be copied over to
the new server and imported.  So far, a seamless operation.

As far as the look and feel.  I just use the 3.4-compat stylesheet with
colors more in tune with the company I work for.  So far, most people
like it.  Those that don't tend to not like the company colors anyway.

Mathew Snyder
Systems Administrator
Network+
ServerVault TechOps