[rt-users] migration from rt2 to rt3

venkata.kurra at thomson.com venkata.kurra at thomson.com
Fri Jun 23 14:45:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

We are trying to migrate rt2 to rt3 using mysql. The size of the
database is 100 Mb with 3500 tickets. It took 45 min to migrate to rt3
(mysql 5). Anybody has similar experience of the time it took.
Ultimately we would like to migrate the main database of size 6 GB. At
this ratio it might take more than 24 hours to migrate.

We have 4GB memory in the import server. Any clues to speed up the
process! Do I have to modify the database parameters before migrate!

My-huge.conf:
key_buffer = 384M
max_allowed_packet = 128M
table_cache = 512