[rt-users] Re: You're almost there!

J. David Boyd david at adboyd.com
Thu Jun 29 15:23:11 EDT 2006

Todd Chapman wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 02:47:04PM -0400, J. David Boyd wrote:
>> I've installed RT3 on Mandriva LE 2005.  (The latest build from the
>> bestpractical site)
>>
>> I've read the docs for how to setup Apache with RT3, but, unfortunately,
>> I know less about Apache than I do about ancient Babylonian salad recipes.
>>
>> I've tried (pound, hammer, saw, wrench) every variation of the examples,
>> but I get nowhere.
>>
>> Does any Mandriva guru out there know just what to change so that I can
>> get RT3 running from the default install locations?
>>

> The answer is in the README file.
>
> -Todd

Every time I try the settings from the README file, I get an error:

Starting httpd2: httpd2: Could not determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName

I've changed the pertinent parts of the settings to be my machine, and
placed it into my httpd2.conf, but I get nowhere.

Dave