[rt-users] Requestor field not being set for priv user

Steven McDonald mcdonald at triumf.ca
Thu Jun 29 18:32:59 EDT 2006

Hi

  With RT 3.4.5 when logged in as a privileged user if we change the
requesters email address to be someone other than the user who is logged
in the ticket gets created with no requester assigned to the ticket.
Consequently the person for whom you are creating the ticket does not
get any email notification.

If a non privileged user does the same thing, teh request field get
filled and the requester is notified, but the GUI reports back an error
that the logged in user does not have permission to view the ticket.
This I understand and can fic with permissions but I do not understand
why the privilege user can not create a ticket for on behalf of somene
else.

Any ideas?
Steve McDonald