[rt-users] How to setup RT users and groups?

Gilmar Santos Jr gilmarsantosjr at safernet.org.br
Fri Jun 30 19:04:07 EDT 2006

Hi Zhiming,

I don't think that's possible, cause a ticket may have at most one owner
(enven when it has "no owner" it's owned by RT::Nobody) and the
permissions are queue's properties (If someone has the "ShowTicket"
permission for some queue, then all tickets in the queue can be shown to
him).

But if it could be possible, what would be done when a new ticket comes?
The super user would have to assign the new ticket to a group, right?
What if a hundred tickets were created in a day?
Think about using more than one queue, even if these queues have the
same templates and scrips (in which case you can make them global, or
replicate in each queue if the first isn't a good idea), differing only
in ACL.

--
Gilmar Santos Jr