[rt-users] Are custom fields only for site admins?

john habermann john.habermann at wilderness.org.au
Wed Mar 8 01:41:18 EST 2006

Hi Vance

On 3/8/06, Vance Vagell <vance.vagell at audiumcorp.com> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  While I have been able to create custom which our administrators can use to
> set information about a ticket, end-users do not see these fields when they
> create new tickets.  For example, I would like end-users to set their
> operating system and Java version when they create a ticket.
>
>  When I say "end-user" I am talking about users of the "Let this user access
> RT" level (from the user admin panel).
>
>  Are there some permissions I need to change, perhaps on the Everyone group?

I think you might have to give that group access rights to see custom
fields. If  you click on the custom field that  you created you should
see an a Group Rights and User Rights under Applied to in the left
hand nav for the field. You could also edit the Global Group rights
and set the permissions for the Privileged group there, if you would
like the priviliged group to be able to able to access custom fields.
Just click on Global -> Group Rights and enable the permissions you
want.

cheers
John

--