[rt-users] rt database w/ multiple instances

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 8 16:34:10 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:18, Paulo Matos wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Jim Meyer wrote:
>
> > ... or fire up two separate instances of apache running with separate
> > config files on separate ports; this will then give you two separate
> > mod_perl instances. My colleague Russell worked this out.
>
> Would this be possible to do (with mod_perl) per virtual host?

It is only possible with IP based virtual hosts.  You can configure
different instances of apache to bind to different addresses.  You
can also do this based on port numbers, but hide it by making the
main httpd proxy to the others.  You might put RewriteRules or
ProxyPass directives inside named virtual host sections to
proxy to the httpd running on the correct port for each site if
you want it all to appear on port 80 at one IP address.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com