[rt-users] Custom Scrip problem

Jason B. maillist at sitepier.com
Wed Mar 8 17:18:19 EST 2006

Thanks to everyone who replied to my last e-mail about custom scrips
Inquiry, it really helped.  I am working with the RT Essentials
trying to get a butter understand of Templates and Scrips so I
followed the "Your ticket was stolen Example" but when someone steals
the ticket there is not an e-mail sent.  Do you see anything I did
wrong?

Here is what I did.

Under root I did the following:

Configurations -> Global -> templates

Created the following template:

To: { my $old_owner = RT::User->new( $self->CurrentUser );
         $old_owner->Load( $Transaction->OldValue );
         $old_owner->EmailAddress() }
Subject: Ticket #{ $Ticket->Id() } taken by { $Ticket->OwnerObj->Name
() }

A ticket you owned:

         { $Ticket->Subject() }

has been taken by {$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name()}.

{ $RT::WebURL }Ticket/Display.html?id={ $Ticket->Id }

Saved the template.

Then I went to Global -> Scrips -> New Scrips

Des: Ticket Stolen
Condition: User Defiened
Action: Notify Other Requestors  ( I also tried Notified Owner)
Template: Global Template Ticket Steal
Stage: TransactionCreate
Custom condition:

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj; return 0 unless $trans->Field eq
'Owner'; return 1 if $trans->OldValue != RT::Nobody()->id(); return 0;

I am running the RT 3.4.1-2 version from Debian repo.  Also the
bestpractical.com website is going slow.

Thanks for the help

-jb