[rt-users] ldap-auth with rt Centos rpm install

Bill Gurley gurley at ion.chem.utk.edu
Fri Mar 10 08:51:36 EST 2006

Jim Meyer wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 16:22 -0500, Bill Gurley wrote:
>
>>I recently set up a new Centos 4.2 machine and installed rt with the
>>rpm-install found here:
>>
>>http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
>>
>>very smooth install, and it worked great with normal rt-internal
>>authentication.  But I wanted to set up ldap authentication using this
>>overlay and procedure:
>>
>>http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LDAP
>>
>>But I never could get the overlay to work.  After spending several days
>>on this, I've decided that there is something wrong with my rt
>>installation that's preventing the overlay from working.  Or maybe I
>>didn't install it correctly.  (The file paths in the Centos rpm-install
>>are very different from other rt installations.)
>>
>>I'm going to start over with ubuntu 5.10 and rt installed from apt-get.
>>  But I'm more comfortable with Redhat-ish distributions.  Has anyone
>>else tried to do ldap-auth overlay with the CentOS rpm install?
>

> Before you go too far, could you post the result of this command:
>
>     egrep -i 'LDAP|Is.*Password' /path/to/rt/var/log/rt.log
>
> ... it might provide some clues.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --j

Jim:

Thanks, but that comes up with zilch.  The only thing in my rt.log are
lines like this:

[error]: FAILED LOGIN for barnes from 160.36.xxx.xxx
(/var/rt/html/autohandler:191)

Users created in the rt internal system can login.  When I try to login
as one of the ldap users, I get a line like the above.  Sounds to me
like it's not even trying ldap.

-Bill-