[rt-users] Re: New user of RT: a few questions

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Mar 14 10:58:31 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 09:40, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> > That is about it for now.
>
> Not really... I also wanted to know if it was a good idea to have one
> queue for every client (I don't mind creating the aliases), so that they
> each have a specific e-mail address (client-support at domain.com) instead
> of a generic one (support at domain.com).

I usually base the queues on the set of users that will be
responding to them.  You can set up any number of email aliases
for the original request message pointing into the same
queue.  The only part where you need different queues for
a visible difference is if you want the auto-response to be
different or if you need to maintain a different reply
address on the responses for vanity reasons.  Functionally
a single reply address is fine for all queues because the
ticket number in the subject line is used to map replies back
to the original ticket regardless of its current queue.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com