[rt-users] Change control

Duncan Shannon dshannon at techfluent.com
Tue Mar 14 12:10:09 EST 2006

> Has anyone come up with any good methodologies for change control
> of an RT installation?  Many of the components are database records
> that don't seem amenable to CVS control, scrips and templates as well
> as custom field definitions and queue setups.  We'd like to have a
record
> of what changed when and by whom, and be able to reconstruct the
> state of the system or back out a change.  Even an audit record of
what
> changed would be better than nothing, even if it can't be used
directly
> for backing out a change.  Has anyone tackled this?

Great question, and I'd love to hear what people are doing... sounds
like a page dying to be in the wiki!

I thought about just keeping a $RTHOME/install-notes.txt about what I
did, components / add ons / hacks I put in place... it makes me very
afraid to upgrade to current (and im only 0.0.1 back!)

duncan