[rt-users] Change control

Ken Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 14 13:56:12 EST 2006

Chuck,

    We are attempting to do just that here at LBNL. The "APPROVAL" setup
in RT does not seem to create the kind of audit trail we would like. We
would like a request to keep it's number, that way every stage, from
approval for work to approval for Acceptance testing to approval for
installation is in history for the same request numer and therefore
easier to track. If RT would allow for a few more options in the
drop-down selection for staus (like "pending approvel", "approved for
work", "approved for QA", "approved for inplementation"), we could write
scrips to move a request from  a particular approval  queue to a work
queue and back to another  approval queue (for QA as an example) and on
to implemntation. That way queues can be used as steps in a work flow
and the history of a request remains intact with the same number, going
from  queue to queue in the workflow.  Well, anyway, that's one idea we
have.  It may require scrips that modify the status field temporarily
until the request can be moved to another queue and modify the status
again. We don't know yet because we are currently in the process of
playing with this design idea, but at least it is an idea that could
work, provided RT can handle the change to the status field.

Kenn