[rt-users] use LWP to call mason components from scrips??

Boldra paul at boldra.com
Wed Mar 15 02:45:52 EST 2006

Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> On 3/14/06, Boldra <paul at boldra.com> wrote:
>
>> Or would you turn the component into a perl module and call that from both?
>>
> Yep, RT WebUI uses API and really is wrapper around it. Also scrip
> code could be fired when there is no httpd server running.

WebUI uses the RT API, but I want to use my own mason components from
inside a scrip.  Exactly because there may be no httpd running, there's
no way to use $m->scomp.  I'd also be interested if there's any way of
using features in the autohandler from a scrip.

OTOH I've found adding perl modules to mason components problematic;
especially since I'm using fastCGI instead of mod_perl.  I can't preload
the module in the apache config (or can in?), so where should I load it?