[rt-users] Can't locate object method "new" vi package "RT::Handle" at /usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm

Mathew Snyder msnyder at servervault.com
Fri Mar 17 00:22:19 EST 2006

I did a search on the wiki for this and found a page specific to it at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?CantLocateObject.  The problem
is, this doesn't solve any problems for me.

The specific error points to line 174 in RT.pm.  This states:
$Handle = RT::Handle->new();

Ok.  So I look at Handle.pm.  Turns out there is no 'new' function.
This makes me ask two questions.  1: if there is no 'new' function, what
is the 'new()' that RT::Handle->new() points to? and 2: is this actually
the problem considering it isn't mentioned in the wiki article above?

I've checked the two solutions provided in the article.  One is to
verify that the DBIx::SearchBuilder module is in the Perl path.  It is.
 The other is to uninstall/reinstall the module.  Did that too.  I also
verified that the file can be reached from the Apache group.

So I don't know what else to look at.  Any suggestions?

--
Mathew Snyder
Systems Administrator