[rt-users] RT VMWare appliance

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 17 10:41:52 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 02:54:50PM +0100, Joop van de Wege wrote:
> I have been testing my setup and can't get it any smaller then 6Gb
> system and 2Gb swap which can be shrunken to about 980Mb.
> I have to say that this is a Ubuntu 'Workstation' install which means it
> has X installed and probably a whole lot of apps and services which you
> don't need. I could find my way around a terminal only installation but
> a lot of people can't. So the questions is, is this size acceptable or
> should I try to dump as much unneeded stuff as I see fit?

I did my install in ubuntu's "server" mode. I can get a compressed disk
image of about 300 megs. (I'm running behind on getting the announcement
of the torrent site out due to some family stuff.)   Of course, the
bugzilla VMWare image is about 50 megs. We've got a ways to go to keep
up with the Joneses ;)

Jesse