[rt-users] Does "RT Essentials" cover extentions to RT?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Mar 18 12:36:26 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:34:54PM -0700, Joshua Colson wrote:
> Basically, what I'm trying to do (unfortunately all of the requirements
> have not been defined as yet) is connect to a RETS (Real Estate
> Transaction Server) on ticket creation and pull some data (Agent ID,
> Agent Name, Listing ID, etc.). I want that data tied to the ticket in
> some fashion. I'm not sure yet if it makes sense to define custom fields
> for the data or if it should just reference external sources.

>From a generic design standpoint: this depends on your desired binding
time.  If what you what to know is what those (possibly externally
changeable) fields said *when you created the ticket*, copy that data
into custom fields.

If you want to know what they contain *when you look*, then you can
just store the reference.

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?