[rt-users] Changing the Instance Name

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 06:57:36 EST 2006

On 3/20/06, Michael Ionescu <mhi at porsche.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> is it possible to change the RT instance name (the "your.domain" part in
> the top left hand corner "RT for your.domain")?
>
> Can it be done at all or would you have to do a reinstall?
>
> What do you have to watch
> - if it's a virgin RT (no tickets created yet)?
just change rtname config option.

> - if there are only closed tickets?
> - if there are open tickets?
if there is tickets in the db then you want to change Links table.

also you need email filter that rewrite subjects or hack EmailParser a
little to understand old value for some time, because people would be
getting errors if they send messages with old  rtname in the subject.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.