[rt-users] RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow for the creation of a new user for your email.

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Mar 20 16:21:28 EST 2006

Hello!

Thanks for the noodge, Ruslan. I'd missed this one entirely.

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 12:38 +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> I found in your previouse message note that you use LDAP overlay from
> the wiki. Could you share your RT config options related to external
> auth?
> Most probably you need $WebFallbackToInternalAuth to be true or may be
> it's limitation of the this overlay. Jim?

You shouldn't need $WebFallbackToInternalAuth; the overlay supports
fallback by setting $AuthMethods as an array ref containing a list of
valid auth methods (thus far "LDAP" and "Internal" are valid).

To be sure I understand the thread correctly, it's failing when you try
to add non-LDAP users via autocreation (either they mail in or you copy
them), correct?

I'll start looking at this now.

Cheers!

--j