[rt-users] Reducing the width of Update Ticket message box (Side By Side)

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 21 15:45:12 EST 2006

At Tuesday 3/21/2006 01:48 PM, Chad Osmond wrote:
>I am implementing Side By Side ticket display based on MIT's example,
>but I am unable to get the sizing worked out.
>
>I am using <TR width=... To set the width of the tables, but it seems
>that the Updated Ticket text area is too wide, is there some way I can
>decrease the size?

Chad,

There's a config variable that controls this: RT::MessageBoxWidth.
This would change the width on all screens though, so if you want to
make it narrower only in certain places you'll have to pass a Width
argument to the MessageBox element.

On the side-by-side screen we set the width like this:

<& /Elements/MessageBox, Name=>"UpdateContent", Width=>"40" &>

>Also, how do I modify the action bar that contains:
>"  * Display    * * History    * * Basics    * * Dates    * * People
>* * Links    * * Reminders    * * Jumbo "
>
>I would like to add a "Side by Side" after Jumbo.

We did this by a mod to /Ticket/Elements/Tabs - in the code that starts:

    $ticket_page_tabs = {

we added an extra entry:

     _Aa => { title => loc('Side By Side'),
              path  => "Ticket/ModifyAllHistory.html?id=" . $id, },

The _Aa just makes it show up where we want  - if you want it after
Jumbo you could use _G or _Fa I think (I'm looking at the 3.4.2
code). It might be preferable to do this in a callback, but this is
how we implemented it.

Good luck,
Steve