[rt-users] Converter issue on convert from RT2 to RT3, expanded

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:43:13 EST 2006

On 3/22/06, Dave Sobel <dave at evolvetech.com> wrote:
> {First off, I apologize for the dupe -- the first message got
> attached to another thread, and I never even saw it on the list}
>
> I'm working with the converter tool to migrate my database from RT2
> to RT3.  We're finally getting off our old RT2 system, and trying to
> get things rolling on RT3.
>
> The two machines are actually two different systems.  I assume this
> shouldn't be a problem, as I just run the RT2-to-dumpfile on the old
> machine, and the dumpfile-to-RT3 on the new one.
>
> Using the instructions in the README, I have the rt2-to-dumpfile
> piece setup.  It starts to run, but I get this:
>
> Can't write to '!!RT_LOG_PATH!!/rt.log.4925.0': No such file or
> directory at /usr/share/perl5/Log/Dispatch/File.pm line 69.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. The fact that the data lives on two different machines shouldn't
> be a problem, right?  Just want to confirm this assumption, and
> verify it's not the cause of my current (or future) woes.
AFAIK it's not a problem. dump on old machine and import on new.

> 2. What's causing the error I'm seeing, and how do I diagnose?
> Nothing I do seems to reveal what is going on here.    Where should I
> be looking for diagnostic data?  Any ideas what's causing this?
Is that copy of error? or you substituted that "!!RT_LOG_PATH!!"? I
think script or RT tries to create log file and write somethings, but
couldn't do that because of permissions or may be base dir doesn't
exists. I don't know how logging is implemented in RT-2.0

--
Best regards, Ruslan.