[rt-users] Query Builder

Luke Vanderfluit lvanderf at internode.com.au
Wed Mar 22 16:56:41 EST 2006

Hi.

I've found what appears to be a bug in the query builder.
When I build a query that needs to do search of contents of tickets.
Say, for example, I search all tickets with the following query:

Created > '2006-01-01' AND Content LIKE 'foo'

that query could take a very long time to complete, which is normal (not
acceptable but OK (-:)

After the query has completed I go to delete the "AND Content LIKE
'foo'" phrase and the query seems to run again!

I'm looking at the mysql processes that are triggered by this behaviour.
It seems like the query builder might be using up resources that it
shouldn't need to.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour? That changing the composition of the
query actually causes the query to run again?

Thanks.
Kind regards.

--
Luke