[rt-users] ticket email reply question

Bill Gurley gurley at ion.chem.utk.edu
Wed Mar 22 18:17:07 EST 2006

I have a new RT system, and I am new to RT.  It's working great, but I'm
still learning.  ;-)  I have a newbie question about email replies to
tickets.

I just set up sendmail aliases for correspondence and comments for all
of my queues.  In testing this, I discovered that in order to
successfully reply to a ticket, I have to make sure that the From
address in my message matches my identity in the RT instance.
Otherwise, the message bounces, saying that a valid user could not be found.

Is there a way to have RT accept the email anyway, since there is a
valid queue name and ticket number?  Most of us have multiple email
address forms, and there is no way I am going to be able to get all of
my users to use the correct From address.

Thanks,

-Bill-