[rt-users] More rt2 -> rt3 conversion woes.

Brian Kerr kerrboy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 19:21:24 EST 2006

On 3/22/06, Stegen Smith <stegen.smith at websidestory.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> So I've got another mucked up rt2 -> rt3 conversion issue.  I've searched
> and read what I believe would be all the posts in regards to this, and
> I've tried some of the things that they've told.
>
> Here's the tale.  We've got an rt instance with almost 200k users, and a
> little over 300k tickets.  I've got some new hardware to put the latest
> version of rt on.  So i've got the new system setup and ready to go for rt3.
> No biggy.

Brutal, I went through this with a 800,000 ticket system - your pain
is heartfelt!

> I downgraded the DBIx::SearchBuilder down to 0.61, and started an export.
> It just churned, churned, and chuned some more before the perl process
> took all memory and exited out.  Quirky, I thought.  I figured that this
> must have to do with the amount of users that we have, since that's the
> first stage of the export process.   I re-upgraded to 1.39 and ran an
> export, to at least get the user data out.  I then massaged that data
> with another script to populate the rest of the missing fields from the
> database.

You need to prune the Users table - I suspect your system received a
large number of spam emails at one point, or it truly has a large
number of distinct Users.

At any rate, check this post:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2004-September/025971.html

I basically pruned off all users older than 3 months in order to get
the import to work.  It was smooth sailing after that point.

Hope this helps!