[rt-users] Self user creation

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Thu Mar 23 12:37:49 EST 2006

Hello!

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 08:19 -0800, Anthony Lincoln wrote:
> I might be.  It would be great to synch back up with the branch when 3.6
> comes out, without having to integrate all my custom code again.  The
> new functionality you described, plus TLS sessions that required
> specific server certs (to prevent man-in-middle exploits), should work
> in my environment.  A logging option that sends back actual LDAP error
> strings (ldap_error_text) would be nice to have for troubleshooting.
> I'd be happy to contribute code review/diffs to help make this happen.

I'm not sure about requiring specific certs; we don't do/need TLS here,
so I've largely just polished the previous implementations of that. I'd
love a more in depth explanation ... or a code contrib. =]

The implementation does, however, uniformly provide ldap_error_name
information; the code looks like this:

    $RT::Logger->info((caller(0))[3], "AUTH FAILED", $self->Name,
                      "(can't bind:", ldap_error_name($msg->code),
                      $msg->code, ")");

The caller() bit is just "figure out my function name". The code is
available for review at:

    http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?LdapUserLocalOverlay

Cheers!

--j