[rt-users] Change control

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 28 14:01:37 EST 2006

Bob,

    Good point. In fact, as we "evolve" our approval work-flow design,
we are doing something similar. We have added a couple new "status"
values and use those in conjuction with some new scrips that trigger off
actions (like change Queue) to communicate to the requestor that the
initial request has been approved for work and has been moved to the
Queue where the work will be done. This keeps all the history with the
request and puts a BIG smile on our auditors faces. Of course, we like
having the ability to follow the work-flow ourselves and having an
approval Queue for the requestors keeps our technical people from
wasting a lot of time running down problems that aren't technical (like
permissions or incomplete training, etc.). We are just starting out with
this flow design and I'm sure we'll have to make a few adjustments, but
right now it seems to be working really well in test and we're hoping to
get the final model working, debugged and into production soon (of
course we'll have to do a lot of maintenance configuration, but well
worth it). Thanks for your input.

Kenn