[rt-users] Anyone know the status of RT-ProjectManager?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Mar 29 12:38:07 EST 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 04:09:32PM -0700, Jason Forbes wrote:
>
>>So, is it usable? Or should I look for something else? We can take this
>>off-list if you'd prefer. Jason
>>

> That particular tool isn't useful these days, though plenty of folks use
> regular RT for project management. I'd be thrilled to see or work on
> Gantt charts, PERT charts and the rest ;)

I'm researching this functionality ( started yesterday after over a
month of letting messages build up in the folder ).  I'm not sure if it
is PM I'm looking for as much as a method to do work flow using RT.

We have several complex ( and reoccurring ) projects with several
dependencies and dependencies of dependencies.  These happen on a
regular basis ( monthly, bi-monthly ) and sometimes irregularly.

I'm looking for a way to automagically create all the tickets and sub
tickets then probably edit each correcting due date and the assigned to
for each of the projects.

Charting is OK but less necessary.

Suggestions?

What would it cost to whip RT-ProjectManager into shape?

Rod