[rt-users] Decoding quoted mail addresses in RT mailgate

Pavel Ruzicka pavel.ruzicka at i.cz
Thu Mar 30 03:22:19 EST 2006

Hello,

we have same issue with From and similar with Subject encoded headers in
RT 3.2.2.

### From Header problem ###
from original mail made by Outlook:
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?B=EChoun_Anton=EDn=2C_Ing.?= <antonin at xx.cz>

Ticket requestor: "Běhounek" (without email address!)

### Subject header problem ###
Subject header extracted from procmail via SUBJECT=`formail -x Subject:`
before processed in RT is

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?smaz=E1n=ED_p=F8=EDpadu_ZIV/P1281/2006/TYF_=28=E8.?=

String "3715111)   M<C4><9B><C3><9A> N<C3><A1>chod" is missing at the
end of Subject header cited. Same string RT aplication reports to be
unknown header when generates AutoReply:

[Tue Mar 28 12:41:29 2006] [error]: error:    couldn't parse head; error
near:
3715111)   M<C4><9B><C3><9A> N<C3><A1>chod
(/opt/RT/local/lib/RT/Template_Overlay.pm:363)

There is no problem generating other notifications on the same
transaction and ticket also has Subject set up well, but RT didnt send
AutoReply.

### configuration ###
@EmailInputEncodings = qw(utf-8 iso-8859-1 iso-8859-2 us-ascii) unless
(@EmailInputEncodings);

RT logged some UTF characters (see above), its afaik ok, because web ui
is in UTF-8. Is this problem with some MIME::* module ?

ruza

--
Pavel Ruzicka, ICZ

Hvezdova 1689/2a, 140 00 Prague 4, CZ