[rt-users] Setting user CustomField through Perl Script

Jason Fenner jfenner at vitamix.com
Thu Mar 30 11:01:44 EST 2006

I have tried your recommendation but I am getting this error message:
[Thu Mar 30 16:00:19 2006] [error]: Couldn't add CF value: Custom field
7 does not apply to this object (test2.pl:57)

I guess my question is regarding your example.  Is $user supposed to by
a RT::Record object or a RT::User object?

The code I am trying is:
my $CurrentUser = new RT::CurrentUser($RT::SystemUser);

    # Try username first
#    $CurrentUser->LoadByName($name) if $name;

#my $CustomFields = RT::CustomFields->new($CurrentUser);
my $record = new RT::Record($CurrentUser);

#my $user = new RT::User->Load("JDF");
my ($status, $msg) = $record->AddCustomFieldValue( Field =>'7', Value =>
'000 - Corporate');
$RT::Logger->error("Couldn't add CF value: $msg") unless $status;

print $CurrentUser->Id;
print $CurrentUser->Name;