[rt-users] Message box - hard vs soft wrapping

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 30 14:00:03 EST 2006

Our RT has used the default wrap mode of "Hard" for message text
boxes since we began. However, we just discovered that if you have a
signature with a line longer than the width of the message box, the
wrapping splits the line in two. On the reply screen, this causes RT
to add a comment even if nothing has been typed in.

Changing to soft wrapping fixes this problem, but I just want to ask
if I'm going to break something else by doing this - I'm figuring the
default wrap setting must be "hard" for a reason...

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)