[rt-users] Canned responses

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 30 16:30:55 EST 2006

At Thursday 3/30/2006 04:18 PM, John Paul Hayes wrote:
>Hi rt-users,
>
>An interesting idea just occured to me:
>
>An integral part of my companies support function orbits around RT.
>Since we get a large amount of queries from clients, it stands to
>reason that you will get multiple
>questions of the same type.
>
>Therefore, would it be difficult to modify RT to include a canned
>response facility where by in reply to
>a support query you could select the appropiate response from a drop
>down menu (by subject) and e-mail this in reply to the query.
>
>Has anybody out there implemented such a facility or even tried to?
>
>Ideas, expansions, analysis etc.. are greatly welcomed on this.
>
>All the best,
>JP

I've been playing around a bit with this - I thought I'd use the RT
template scheme and it seems to work OK. A drop-down list of
templates (queue and global) appears on the Reply screen and when you
choose one, the parsed template is placed into the message box.

One limitation I decided on is that transaction references aren't
allowed in the template. Well, they are, but they don't give you anything.

I'll dig out the code tomorrow.

Steve