[rt-users] more results listed than shown?

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Mon May 1 11:13:44 EDT 2006

I ran into the same problem a few months ago.  It has to do with the
fact that the function that is counting the total number of tickets
found doesn't take into account whether the user has permission to view
them, but the function that then displays those tickets does take that
into account.  I made a kludgy hack for this, but since you're doing a
perms scan twice, it will make your performance take between a 10 and
20% performance hit.

For prior history from the mailing list, go to
http://lists.bestpractical.com/search.html and search on "Bug when
returning count of tickets found" - the first three links are the
relevant ones, my initial find, my kludgy hack (I think I changed it
again after this, though), and Jesse's response about why it's done the
way that it is.

Eric Schultz
United Online