[rt-users] Web Pages being built without correct path

John Boris jboris at adphila.org
Tue May 2 11:21:49 EDT 2006

I am new to this and this is a new install of RT 3.4.5 on Fedora Core 4.
I am using the FastCGI Server. My server is on a private network not on
the Internet. It sits behind a firewall that is passing packets from the
Public side to the private side. The Public side is still a private
network. I am testing this from the inside of the firewall. My test PC
is on the same network as the server.  In our DNS I have this server as
rt.adphila.org  172.31.5.209 and on the inside it  is 172.31.6.209. I
think I have things setup correctly . When I go to the base URL

http://172.31.6.209

I will get the login page for RT but the Best Practical logo doesn't
load. The right side of the screen shows I am not logged in. I enter
root as the login and password as the password and will get the RT At A
glance page and it looks as though I am logged in. When I move the Mouse
over any of the links on the left (Home,
Tickets,Configuration,Preferences,Approval) I can see the link in the
status bar at the bottom and notice that the link is shown as :

http://admin

I know that isn't right. My RT_SiteConfig.pm has these settings:

Set( $rtname, 'EFS');
Set($Organization,'rt.adphila.org');
Set($Timezone, 'US/Eastern');
Set($WebBaseURL, 'http://rt.adphila.org');
Set($WebImagesURL, $WebPath . "/NoAuth/images/");
Set($WebPath, "/");
Set($CorrespondAddress, 'correspond at rt.adphila.org');
Set($CommentAddress, 'comment at rt.adphila.org');
Set($SendmailPath, '/usr/sbin/sendmail');
Set($LogToSyslog, '');
Set($LogToFile, 'debug');
Set($LogDir, '/opt/rt3/var/log');
Set($LogToFileNamed, 'rt.log');
Set($MyTicketsLength, 20);

I have this set as a Virtual Host and thoise settings are:

# Virtual host Virtual Host 0
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
<VirtualHost 172.31.6.209>
        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
        ErrorLog logs/rt_error_log
        ServerName rt.adphila.org

        Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

        AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
        ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
        TransferLog logs/rt_access_log
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml
        <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
                Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>

        TransferLog logs/rt_access_log
        ErrorLog logs/rt_error_log
</VirtualHost>

When I click on any of the links I get a page not found error which I
now is correct because http://admin  doesn't exist it should be going to
http://172.31.6.209/admin.  Also I notice that the links are in lower
case while the actual Directories are in a mixed case. Any pointers on
where I have this misconfigured? Also if I look at index.html in my
Document root for this host it says I a haven't configured my server yet
but I did configure it and the lines that state that in the index.html
aren't showing on the page that displays in my browser. To make sure I
was getting to the correct directory I put a hello world page called
test.html and pointed my browser to http://172.31.6.209/test.html.  I
got the login page so I entered the root login and password and got my
test.html page so I know I am getting to the correct directory.
TIA

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"