[rt-users] URL in the ticket

Nathalie Gagnon nathalie.gagnon at amisco.com
Thu May 4 10:13:19 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user of RT 3.4.5 on Linux with MySQL.
We have Exchange 5.5 on NT4.

My question is :  What is the way of attaching a clickable link (URL) into a
ticket?
I don't want to use attachment because the document is fixed in RT and never
up-to-date.
I have tried to put URL in the body of the ticket, but unable to click on,
it is text type; however, the user that receive the Email in Outlook 97
is able to click on.

A RT user wrote to me :

>It's possible to do this. There are 2 ways I can think of.
>1. customise share/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransactionAttachments
>2. use URI:Find to transform urls into clickable links.

but I'd like a detailed solution (Scrip or anything else), because I have
not knowledge on Linux and Perl, then the solution will be applied
by a third party.

Thank's for your help in advance.

Nathalie.

Nathalie Gagnon