[rt-users] Restoring Mysql - Max_allowed_packet-

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Thu May 4 14:03:44 EDT 2006

You can:

- restart the mysql daemon with the size of max_allowed_packet increased
(as specified in my.cnf):

[mysqld]
max_allowed_packet=16M

- with an already running daemon, (at least, on 4.x), enter at the mysql
prompt:

mysql> set global max_allowed_packet=16777216;

(this sets it to 16MB).

If you did your dump with extended inserts, you will have to make this
much bigger.