[rt-users] Edit Ticket

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Mon May 8 12:46:09 EDT 2006

> is it posible to edit an existing ticket?
>
> (i.E if there is a mistake in spelling)
>
> Thanks for all help,
>
> Matthias

Sure, if you edit the information the database :-)  Here's the query I
use to get the right rows out of the database:

SELECT * FROM attachments WHERE transactionid IN (SELECT id FROM
transactions WHERE objectid = $ticket) AND contenttype = 'text/plain'

I actually have a script that wraps around this query display each piece
of content one piece at a time in an editing session, and if the temp
file changes on disk that I used for this, then I update the information
for that "attachment" in the database.  This is useful for when someone
accidentally puts sensitive information in a ticket, like a password.  I
don't fix content for typoes, else I'd be doing nothing else all day :-)

Eric Schultz
United Online