[rt-users] Notifying a certain user when a ticket is created in a Queue

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu May 11 09:40:14 EDT 2006

At Wednesday 5/10/2006 05:01 PM, John  Boris wrote:
>Can a scrip be written that will notify a set of users that a ticket has
>been created in a queue without assigning the ticket to that user or
>making that person an AdminCc?  I don't want to send a bunch of
>duplicate emails. I want the certain group of people to get notified
>there is a ticket. I have a script that sets another users as the
>AdminCc for all tickets that are created in the Queue.
>
>I Hope that is clear.
>
>TIA
>
>John J. Boris, Sr.

John,

We have a kludgey way of doing this - we set up a queue template that
starts with a CC: followed by the email addresses we want to notify.
There must be a blank line between the CC header and the message
body. Let's say this template is called 'OurCreateNotification'.

Then we set up a queue scrip that uses this template: 'On Create
Notify Other Recipients using template OurCreateNotification'.

Steve