[rt-users] RT3.6 bug/feature report!

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Thu May 11 11:33:09 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:27 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 03:58:11PM +0200, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> > I noticed that ther is a difference between 3.0 and 3.6rc1 in the
> > access rights handling
>
> That's correct. There were complaints about the old behaviour. I can't
> remember if simply changing the default about how many scrips are run on
> link transactions will change the behaviour.
>

> > Situation:
> >
> > Two Queues named qa and qb. The user has the right to modify tickets
> > in qa but not in qb. In 3.0 it is possible, to set a link
> > from a ticket in qa to to a ticket in qb. In 3.6 I get permission
> > denied, which looks like I have to give the user the right to
> > modify tickets in qb.

Okay, I can understand why this was changed but this shows in my opinion
a problem in the rights management. The "ModifyTicket" is not fine
grained enough. I think there is a big difference between the
modification of a subject line or link relation to other tickets
and the ability to close or delete a ticket.
Because the option to change the status, I only give people which
also have the right to take/own tickets in the queue the "ModifyTicket"
right. So it would be very helpful if the "ModifyTicket" could be split
up in "ModifyTicket" and "ModifyTicketStatus"

regards!