[rt-users] basic info about localisation (I want to "translate" RT to Greek)

Joshua Colson jcolson at voidgate.org
Thu May 11 11:48:56 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 13:52 +0300, Nick Demou wrote:
> I've spent some time with RT and I liked it :-). So now I am willing
> to begin translating most texts to my language (Greek) so that other
> people can feel more comfortable with the web interface and the
> automated emails. I would be gratefull if you could you give me some
> pointers to related information.

If you're planning on doing any modifications to RT, I highly recommend
you purchase the RT Essentials book from O'Reilly
(http://rtbook.bestpractical.com/).

To get you started though, look into Locale::Maketext
(http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/Locale-Maketext-1.10/lib/Locale/Maketext.pod) and Locale::Maketext::Lexicon (http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/Locale-Maketext-Lexicon-0.61/lib/Locale/Maketext/Lexicon.pm) which is what RT uses internally. There are also two subs that RT uses (defined in RT::Base), loc() and loc_fuzzy()... perldoc RT::Base

I hope that helps. I really do recommend you get the RT Essentials
book... I thought that I could read the code and just figure it out
(which I probably could have) but the book makes that process much
easier and less error prone.

--
Joshua Colson <jcolson at voidgate.org>