[rt-users] Command line interface problems

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Thu May 11 16:10:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the command line interface. Its description
in the book is sketchy, at best.

I want to create users using command line interface. I do

/usr/bin/rt create -t user set username=test emailaddress=test at junk.com password=test8

I want to create user with username (for login) test. However I can't do
this: rt does not know the username attribute. The user is created, but
the user id is set to be the e-mail address: test at junk.com.

Here is what I get:

/usr/bin/rt create -t user set username=test9 emailaddress=test9 at junk.com
password=qwerty
# User 513 created.
# username: Unknown field.

id: user/new
RealName:
NickName:
Gecos:
Address2:
City:
State:
Zip:
Country:
HomePhone:
WorkPhone:
MobilePhone:
PagerPhone:
FreeformContactInfo:
Comments:
Signature:
Lang:
EmailEncoding:
WebEncoding:
ExternalContactInfoId:
ContactInfoSystem:
ExternalAuthId:
AuthSystem:
password: qwerty

The list of parameters does not give any hint as what should be the userid

How can I force rt to make test the userid which user types to login to
RT?

When I tried to use id instead username I do not get errors:

/usr/bin/rt create -t user set id=test10 emailaddress=test10 at junk.com
password=qwerty
# User 515 created.

But the user cannot logon neither.

Tomasz Wlodek                        | tel 631-344-7448
Brookhaven Laboratory, Building 510M | fax 631-344-7616
Upton NY 11973-5000                  |