[rt-users] RTFM 2.1.40 doesn't show content from migrated database

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat May 13 07:11:25 EDT 2006

Alex,

I had the same symptom in a test run update RT 3.2.2 -> 3.4.5, RTFM
2.0.4 -> 2.1.40 from one box to another box (although I didn't try to
modify the RTFM and get that custom error message).
I tried the test run migration several times and kept getting the
symptom of being able to see the contents and titles, but the text/wiki
is blank.

I couldn't figure it out so I kept the version of RTFM (2.0.4) the same
in my RT 3.2.2 -> 3.4.5 migration for our production system.
Everything seemed OK, and I put it in production yesterday, but then
someone pointed out that tickets with "links" to a RTFM were failing on
my our production system.

I'm getting this error message:
*error:* Can't call method "Id" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/URI/fsck_com_rtfm.pm line 147.

More details in the message sent to rt-users 5/12/2006: "[rt-users] RTFM
2.0.4 links don't work after RT 3.2.2 -> 3.4.5 upgrade"

Were you able to resolve this problem?

Anyone have a clue on what might be going on?
I'd really like to get this straightened out on our production system
before more people start to find those errors.

I'm not really sure what to do, I'm fairly certain that if I try the
RTFM 2.1.4 upgrade again to try to resolve my links problem it'll get me
back to blank RTFMs (and I'm guessing broken looking tickets when they
have RTFM links).

BTW my hostname and RT URL path both changed in my update although I not
certain if this is relevant.

Thanks,
Mike