[rt-users] Where is the "fsck.com" coming from?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon May 15 13:58:38 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 10:55:26AM -0700, Philip Kime wrote:
> In the REST interface for 3.4.5, when I show a ticket's links:
>
> /usr/local/rt/bin/rt show ticket/47126/links
> id: ticket/47126/links
> DependedOnBy: fsck.com-rt://blah.com/ticket/47125

At the time when the URI scheme was specified, there was a standard for
vendor-specified URIs to be prefixed with a vendor-specific identifier.
When the identifier got fixed, RT was very much a hobby project. And
fsck.com is my personal domain. But we're not about to break everyone's
URIs by changing them to bestpractical.com-rt: ;)