[rt-users] Re: [3.6][FIX] Searches by custom fields

Joshua Colson jcolson at voidgate.org
Tue May 16 04:57:31 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 08:34 -0700, Joshua Colson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 11:53 +0400, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> >   Hello.
> >
> > I've commited fixes several fixes into 3.5 branch that should fix
> > issues with searches by CFs.
> > Please test it with your test cases and report back.

I've been trying (as time permits) to isolate this custom field search
issue. As I stated before, I've tried the latest SVN and RC2 with no
luck. However, I migrated my 3.6.0pre1 instance to use
Apache2/Mod_Perl2/MySQL4.1 and now the problem is gone. I did a
recursive diff on the respective installations and they show that there
are no differences in the code (with the exception of 'use lib' paths,
etc) between the two installations. This leads me to believe that there
is a problem somewhere in SearchBuilder in the abstraction differences
in database types. Rangarajan's problem is on an Oracle system, my
problem was with SQLite, and it seems to work flawlessly on MySQL. If I
get the chance, I'm going to try to dig deeper into the problem. I just
wanted to put the info that I had out so that others could think about
it also.

Thanks.

--
Joshua Colson <joshua.colson at ination.com>