[rt-users] Signature and From depended on queue

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed May 17 15:53:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:28:18PM +0300, Konstantin N. Bezruchenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can user have different "Signature" and "Real Name" fields depended on
> queue?
> For example i have user with login 'john'. This user are member of 2 queues
> "Sales" and "Billing"
> His "Real Name" and part of "Signature" set to "Company_name - Sales"
>
> When he send reply to ticket from queue "Billing" customers will see not
> Billing, the see Sales both in "From" field and signature.
> I understand what i can make two users 'john-sales' and 'john-billing' and
> set correct fields to this users, but this is not very useful because he
> must login/logout every time when he need send reply from different queue.

That would be pretty difficult. Somewhere there is code calling
methods such as $user->RealName. You would have to somehow get
RealName() to understand the context (queue) it was being called
in and have it return the right thing. I'm not sure if that is
even doable.

The other option is to find the method calls and replace them
with a new method that understands the context and does the
right thing. This should be doable but not much fun.

-Todd