[rt-users] Why would I want to ...

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed May 17 23:02:08 EDT 2006

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?Rights

> Just trying to design a new rights schema to replace the spaghetti we
> currently have and while I understand what the Watcher Roles do, I can't see
> clearly why you'd want to assign rights via them ...
Tickets inherit role rights from queues they belong to, so users on
the Cc list of a ticket have rights you granted to the queue Cc role.
Consider queue 'support', support department and development
department. You grant all privileges (ModifyTicket and other) to owner
role and OwnTicket+SeeQueue+ShowTicket right to support team on the
queue. So now people from support department can see every ticket in
the queue, but can reply and change a ticket only when they become an
owner of the ticket. Also you grant right 'Watch' to developers group
and ShowTicket, ShowTicketComments, CommentOnTicket to Cc role of the
queue. So an owner of a ticket (member of the support team) can add
developers to the Cc list of the ticket. After supporter has added a
watcher, watcher can comment on the ticket and only after.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.