[rt-users] Multiple tickets per incoming email

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu May 18 10:31:07 EDT 2006

Stephen Turner wrote:
> We've just started having multiple, identical, tickets generated by some
> mail messages sent to RT. I suspect this is not a problem with RT, but I
> just wanted to ask - has anyone encountered this problem before?

Yes. I've found this to happen when the message in question causes RT to
spend an insane amount of time processing it. So, the mailgate times
out, but RT finishes processing the message....and then the mailgate
submits it again. "mailq" on your mail server and see if the message is
still queued for submission.  The quick-and-easy fix is to change the
--timeout on your mail aliases