[rt-users] QueryBuilder::Tree error

Pedro Ferreira pedro_nf at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 12:20:31 EDT 2006

I installed mod_perl using yum (automaticaly gets the
rpm package from a list of mirrors) and I'm not in the
mood to recompile it...

If someone from RT is 'hearing' me, don't you have any
plans to remove this problem from your code, I guess
it will not be too difficult, replace a couple of
functions to something compatible with the latest
version...? I'm not a perl expert so I can't help
here... but we are evaluating RT to start using it and
this problem is a major drawback...

--- Scott Courtney <scott at 4th.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 May 2006 03:53, Pedro Ferreira
> wrote:
> > no way, it doesn't work!!!!!
> > I removed Tree::Simple and Scalar::Util
> > I re-installed it using perl CPAN
> >
> > I always get the error:
> >
> > Can't locate object method "new" via package
> > "RT::Interface::Web::QueryBuilder::Tree" at
> > /opt/rt3/share/html/Search/Build.html line 288.
> >
> > and
> >
> > Undefined subroutine &Scalar::Util::weaken called
> at
> > /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/Generic.pm line 108.
>
> Did you remember to rebuild mod_perl?
>
> Scott
>
> --

> Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft
> making money. I mind them
> scott at 4th.com          | having a bad operating
> system."    -- Linus Torvalds
> http://4th.com/        | ("The Rebel Code," NY
> Times, 21 February 1999)
>                        | PGP Public Key at
> http://4th.com/keys/scott.pubkey

Pedro Ferreira
Grenoble - France

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Einstein

And remember - there are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!