[rt-users] removing an email address from an incoming ticket?

Malcolm Herbert rt-users at mjch.net
Mon May 22 21:30:50 EDT 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 08:14:34AM -0700, Schultz, Eric wrote:
|> I tend to use RT in a 'stealth' manner, in that I encourage my users
|> to send an email to me directly, then I'll bounce it to the relevant
|> queue after I've determined that it's a job to look at ...
|>
|> Unfortunately this means that I end up as a Cc: on the ticket, which
|> means I get a duplicate copy of any email associated with it ...
|>
|> Is there any easy way to prevent that behaviour?
|
|Make sure that $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs in RT_SiteConfig.pm is set
|to 0.

I have that set and I want this behaviour, I just don't want the extra
copies Cc:ed to me.

I already use procmail at the mail entry point, but was hoping to be
able to manipulate the ticket object when it's created in some sort of
custom scrip action, but I'm all at sea when it comes to RT internals,
sorry ...

In essence all I'm looking for is a Perl snippet to remove a particular
address from a list of ticket Cc addresses if present ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch at mjch.net                                                left blank