[rt-users] Extracting group members from rt command line

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Wed May 24 10:17:41 EDT 2006

Hey all,

I'm trying to develop a report for my department that shows which
tickets were worked by each of our IT staff members.

I've got a group with all the IT staff members in it. I want to extract
that list so I can then grep the ticket histories. The problem is, the
rt command line won't give me a list:

> [rickr at freud ~]$ rt show groups/27
> # Unknown object type: groups
>
> id: groups/27
> [rickr at freud ~]$ rt show group/27
> # Unknown object type: group
>
> id: group/27

What's weird is that the RT command line help _specifically claims_ that
I can operate on groups:

> [rickr at freud ~]$ rt help types
>
> You can currently operate on the following types of objects:
>
>     - tickets
>     - users
>     - groups
>     - queues
> [rickr at freud ~]$ rt help group
>
> Users and groups are identified by name or numeric ID.
>
> The following generic operations may be performed upon them:
>
>     - list
>     - show
>     - edit
>     - create

What gives? How do I list the members of a group from the CLI?

Rick R.